This spring Holy Cross is embarking upon an exciting journey to put a body, or corpus, on our cross. This process will require lots of work and study on the part of our congregation.
This page will be home for any materials, photos, and other work or announcements being done in connection with this project. We hope you will find it edifying, as we learn more of Christ and Him crucified.
–Pastor Todd Peperkorn
Bible Classes on the Cross and the Body
- Part One: Five Reasons We Need a Body on the Cross [link to YouTube]
- Part Two: The Cross in the Bible [link to YouTube]Cross 2 Handout in PDF
- Part Three: The History of the Cross as a Symbol, Part One [link to YouTube]
- Cross 3 Handout in PDF
Links to Other Articles and Materials on the Crucifix
- Initial Letter from Pastor Peperkorn, dated January 30, 2018 [Body of Christ Letter 01-30-2018 PDF]
- Introduction to The Story Bible by Concordia Publishing House [Bible Story Book Introduction on Realism PDF]
Books on the History of the Cross as a Symbol
- The Cross: History, Art, and Controversy, by Robin M. Jensen (on Amazon)
- The Mystery of the Cross: Bringing Ancient Christian Images to Life, by Judith Couchman (on Amazon)
Sermon Series on the Body of Christ
- Ash Wednesday 2018 [link to YouTube]